An exciting opportunity to join the Quality Assurance (QA) team has become available within the National Buying department of ALDI Stores, based in Minchinbury. This is a 12 month fixed-term contract.
As a QA Specialist (Ambient Products), you will be responsible for coordinating and managing product compliance, safety and testing with suppliers, Technical Service Providers and other stakeholders. You will also consult with buying teams to bring quality products to the market.
What we are looking for:
The successful candidate will be a QA professional with a technical background in ambient products such as, canned meats, fruits and vegetables, ready meals, dressings, oils and sauces. You will demonstrate a strong capability in product testing, researching and product development, whilst also providing effective technical consultancy in relation to product safety, regulatory compliance, specifications and customer satisfaction. We are looking for a passionate, proactive and highly organised team player, with a strong eye for detail.
- 3+ years’ experience within a relevant field
- Degree or Diploma in Food Science is highly regarded
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards, regulations and product label compliance
- Experience in the development of product specifications, technical investigation and report writing
- Experience in performing quality assessments of ambient food products.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of chemical and microbiological testing
- Previous experience communicating technical information to stakeholders
- Exceptional organisation and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure with conflicting priorities
- Ability to use initiative and proactively problem solve
What's in it for you?
- Market leading remuneration - $99,100 - $118,000 (including super)
- Great work life balance
- Be a part of a leading international retailer
- Problem solving real business challenges
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Work alongside friendly and supportive colleagues
- Develop and communicate technical information to key stakeholders
- Collaborate with the broader Buying department, product suppliers and Technical Service Providers
- Support the implementation of quality and safety processes
- Develop, implement and maintain product safety and performance requirements
- Ensure product compliance with mandatory standards, requirements and policies
- Understand and facilitate product compliance testing
- Monitor and manage the performance of external testing laboratories, product suppliers and Technical Service Providers
- Analyse product test results to provide stakeholders with detailed reports
- Investigate reasons for customer returns and complaints
This role reports to the Quality Assurance Manager.