At ALDI, our people are the key to our success.
What we are looking for?
We have an exciting opportunity as a Strategy Associate, within Aldi’s Strategic Decision Support Team. The Strategic Decision Support Team is responsible for providing key insights to Aldi Australia’s Top Management and key decision-making stakeholders across the business. The team is a curator of business-wide data, partnering technical extraction, manipulation and visualisation techniques with commercial acumen, financial modelling and storytelling to identify opportunities and drive execution across the business.
Reporting to the Strategic Decision Support Manager, you will be responsible for partnering with stakeholders to deliver key insights across a range of Business Units; with business cases ranging from modelling Commercial Property opportunities to presenting Store Operations ROI estimates to Top Management.
Experience in financial modelling is essential in the role. You will possess high work standards and the ability to multitask. You will be a team player, able to showcase highly analytical, critical and holistic thinking at the highest quality and standard for our stakeholders. Strengths in storytelling, analytics, and financial modelling are required in equal measure.
What is in it for you?
- Market leading remuneration $120,200 - $137,100*
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Work from Home - 10 x days per month
- Comprehensive training and development opportunities
You will be responsible for:
- Drive insight-led analytics relating to the evaluation of a broad range of business initiatives
- Present findings to stakeholders across the business articulating key insights
- Develop financial modelling to support business cases and other initiatives, and provide advice on the viability (EBIT, EVA, ROI, Payback, etc.) of proposed initiatives.
- Drive business strategy by building analytical models that review business proposals and performance opportunities, providing insights and implications to relevant stakeholders
- Collate, extract and manage data from multiple sources to bring together insights and cleansing data as required to ensure the integrity of data
- Ensure all controls, policies, procedures and guidelines (Employee Handbook, Handling of Payments, National and Department Handbooks etc.) are followed
- Work in accordance with the ALDI Corporate Responsibility Principles, ALDI Code of Conduct and the ALDI Management System (AMS) principles
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience as a business / commercial analyst, strategy analyst, data analyst or a similar role
- Tertiary qualifications in the areas of commerce, economics, quantitative analytics, corporate finance or a closely related discipline
- Strong storytelling capacity, with excellent verbal and written skills
- Highly developed Excel skills and strong general MS office skills
- Experience with SQL query writing and business intelligence/statistical tools are advantageous
- Data visualisation experience / dashboard construction with Tableau or Power BI also advantageous
- Experience in working with large complex data and multiple data sources, data research, analysis forecasting, modelling and statistics
- Strong technical understanding of broad financial metrics such as P&L (GP%, Expenses, EBIT, Variance %), NPV, Pay Back Period, Balance Sheet Ratios required.
- Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure
- A team player, able to work with internal and external stakeholders
* Includes superannuation. Remuneration varies depending on experience.