What we're looking for?
At ALDI our people are the key to our success.
A unique and exciting opportunity exists to join the National Procurement department within ALDI Australia. The National Procurement department is responsible for managing and supporting all Goods and Services Not For Resale (GNFR) Procurement activities throughout the business with a view to drive value from supplier relationships, manage risks and control costs.
The Procurement Manager position is challenging with a high degree of analysis, proactive thinking, planning, responsibility and autonomy. Working in a fast paced environment, the successful candidate will have a diverse role and be in contact with multiple stakeholders both internal and external. You will be self-driven, an innovative thinker and comfortable with challenging situations. As a Procurement Manager at ALDI you will be juggling multiple tasks across your team whilst working against tight deadlines. We also expect you to have high work standards, the ability to learn new tasks quickly and the capability to remain professional at all times.
What's in it for you?
- Market leading remuneration - $114,100 - $165,900*
- Be a part of a leading international retailer
- Training and development
- Problem solving real business challenges
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Work alongside friendly and supportive colleagues
You will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing category management plans to deliver measurable business value (operational and financial) and continuous improvement
- Extensive internal stakeholder engagement across multiple departments to drive the implementation of category management plans
- Scope and specification development
- Performing analysis of market, category, supplier and internal business data to identify opportunities for improvements
- Developing sourcing strategies and performing the end-to-end tender process, including complex contract negotiations and award recommendations
- Driving Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) and supplier development activities
- Performing contract management activities including KPI tracking and contract and performance reviews
- Ensuring risk reviews are regularly undertaken within the category scope of control
- Critical analysis and reporting of costs
- Demand management administration and activities including, centralised ordering, forecasting and reporting
- Bachelor degree or Masters qualification highly regarded but not essential
- A minimum 4 years’ Procurement experience or similar
- Proven commercial and business acumen
- Strong people leadership skills including highly developed communication and influencing skills across a range of stakeholders
- Analytical skills, with the ability to make recommendations and decisions driven by the interpretation of a wide range of data
- Strong organisation and project management skills
- Proven experience in process improvement and change management
- Ability to negotiate and resolve conflict
- Ability to plan and execute
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills
- Experience utilising both legacy and advanced P2P systems (e.g. SAP)
The Procurement Manager reports directly to the Procurement Director and communicates directly with other members of the Procurement team, plus Regional Departments and external parties.
*Salary includes superannuation. Remuneration varies depending on location and ALDI experience.