At ALDI, our people are the key to our success.
Our National Safety Specialist role is unique. Although the role sits within our centralised Safety department, the National Safety Specialist isn’t at the coal face of our business. Instead, you’re the central liaison and technical support for our team of Regional Safety Coordinators across QLD, NSW, VIC, SA and WA. Rather than being on the road, you’re based at our Head Office in Minchinbury (Western Sydney) and are responsible for the execution of the national safety strategy.
This role provides the successful candidate with a large scale opportunity to impact the safety of over 14,000 ALDI employees through their projects assisting with the design and development of policies, procedures, and risk management tools, as well as the implementation of various regional and national initiatives. If you thrive off stakeholder engagement, project management and large scale continuous improvement initiatives - This is the role for you!
What's in it for you?
- Market leading remuneration - $100,500 - $119,700*
- Working from home flexibility available
- 5 weeks annual leave + access to Employee Wellness Program + onsite parking
- Be a part of a leading global FMCG
- Comprehensive training and development
- Opportunity to affect safety improvements and change business-wide
- Development of national WHS policy, guidelines, procedures and processes
- Providing technical guidance and continuous support to senior management and the regional safety teams with respect to work health safety matters
- Building strong relationships with key stakeholders through consultation, training and development, which may include occasional interstate travel
- Ensuring all current legislative and ALDI internal requirements are adhered to
- Completing a variety of project tasks on time, on budget, and to a high standard
- Providing implementation support for projects and managing ongoing business as usual (BAU) support post-implementation.
Inherent Selection Criteria:
- Experience in developing and creating WHS policy and procedures
- Thorough knowledge of risk management principles and experienced in conducting risk assessments
- Experience in providing Work Health Safety advice across multiple jurisdictions
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Intermediate to Advanced experience using Microsoft Office
- WHS Experience in FMCG, manufacturing or transport
Desired Select Criteria:
- Qualifications in Work Health Safety (minimum Cert IV Diploma)
- Lead Auditor Certification
- Experience working as a WHS Consultant in an office based safety role
- In-depth knowledge of WHS Act, WHS Regulations and Codes of Practice
- Experience managing return to work and workers compensation
*Includes superannuation. Remuneration varies depending on location and ALDI experience.