At ALDI, our people are the key to our success.
ALDI is a global company with a corporate culture. Working at ALDI is a bit like an equation – you put in and we give back. There is no sense of entitlement, it’s earned and rewarded. ALDI's values are those of simplicity, with a focus on quality and fairness.
Working in a fast-paced environment, the successful candidate will have a diverse role and be in contact with multiple stakeholders.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a newly formed Team within the National Supply Chain department as a Specialist. This role reports to the Executive Manager - National Supply Chain. The role is a Full Time 2 year contract, with the option for a permanent role, based in Minchinbury.
As a Specialist, you will be responsible for forming close working relationships with our product suppliers and supporting them with all aspects of ALDI's inbound supply chain. You will play an important role in implementing strategy and managing stakeholders to ensure priority objectives are achieved.
What we are looking for
We are looking for an astute, motivated individual who excels at building mutually beneficial relationships and managing stakeholders. You will be a persuasive communicator who is results-orientated.
What's in it for you?
- Market leading remuneration - $100,500 - $119,700*
- Be part of a leading international retailer
- Work from home available
- High levels of autonomy and responsibility
- Exposure to multiple stakeholders across various levels
- Play a pivotal role in shaping ways of working within a new team
- 5 weeks annual leave
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Create and maintain positive relationships with product suppliers
- Meet with product suppliers to support them with all aspects of ALDI's inbound supply chain
- Coordinate stakeholders to assess relevant supply chain costs
- Identify supply chain cost saving opportunities and develop operational plans for implementation
- Analyse supply chain costs and provide proposals for rectification / improvement
- Support the Executive Manager - Supply Chain in a professional and efficient manner
- Liaise with our National Buying department to provide project progress updates
- Provide support to various internal teams and stakeholders with a variety of work, including cost analysis, project coordination and operational execution support
The successful candidate will possess:
This role comes with a high degree of responsibility, autonomy and accountability. The successful candidate will require:
- Experience in a buying function
- Supplier management experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Outstanding stakeholder management capabilities
- Analytical and problem solving sills
- Excellent communication and engagement abilities
- Proficiency in problem solving and "thinking outside the box"
- High level of professionalism
*Includes superannuation and is dependent on ALDI experience.