At ALDI, our people are the key to our success.
As a leader in our Distribution Centres, you're responsible for supervising all warehouse activities from receiving, picking & packing and inventory management to coordinating the rostering and training of employees... and that takes talent. It's a demanding role that requires you to be self-motivated, results-driven and have fantastic planning and organisational skills. Prior leadership and logistics experience is a must.
It's essential you possess a strong work ethic and the ability to adapt to changing situations. Multitasking and time management are equally important, as you will have to deal with multiple issues at any one time. Finally, and most importantly, the role is all about motivating and developing a team of people - success in this will be your biggest reward, but also your biggest challenge.
Salary & Benefits:
- Market leading remuneration - $36.25 per hour + penalties
- Four weeks annual leave
- Flexible work arrangements and different levels of guaranteed contract hours available
- Comprehensive training and development
- First class equipment and Distribution Centres
- Be a part of a leading international retailer
- Excellent team culture - work alongside friendly and supportive colleagues
- Ability to lead and supervise a team of Warehouse Checkers
- Strong attention to detail to ensure quality standards are met
- Excellent verbal and written communication is required
- Passion for fresh and the initiative to affect positive change where needed
- Availability to start immediately
- Committed and available Monday to Sunday
- Physically fit and not afraid of a good days work
- Supervise, lead and drive a positive and accountable culture within a team of Warehouse Checkers to achieve business objectives
- Reject products that do not meet the agreed ALDI specification
- Collect and collate data from quality checks and supplier visits in order to prepare reports for management of supplier performance
- Communicate with the Logistics Manager and National Quality Manager regarding product quality, specifications or any other relevant information, which will assist them in decision-making.
- Ensure an ongoing understanding of current quality related issues
- Implement and maintain the policy and procedures governing Work Health and Safety, minimising workplace hazards by providing clear direction, continuous training and facilitating staff involvement and communication
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Logistics experience, in a management capacity
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Confident and engaging communication skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
ALDI as an employer: For the planners, the coordinators, the ones who strive for every efficiency. A role in one of our Distribution Centres will place you in ALDI's engine room - disciplined, structured, and constantly striving to achieve goals. With all the challenges of supporting a rapidly growing operation, you'll be supported by great conditions, generous remuneration and a culture that'll bring out the best in you.