Now recruiting for our Prestons Distribution Centre
At ALDI, our people are the key to our success.
Our business couldn't operate without our quick-thinking, energetic Warehouse Picker's. Working in our fast-paced Warehouse environment, our Operators select products accurately, safely and efficiently for delivery to our stores. Sound reading and numerical skills are a must. It's physical work and can be tiring but it's also great exercise and you'll soon find your rhythm. There's great camaraderie and you'll feel like everyone's working towards the same goals; to meet deadlines and challenging targets.
We are looking for people that not only ensure their work is completed to the highest standard, but can do so whilst balancing different priorities, tight deadlines and unexpected challenges. Because this role is physically challenging, we need Operators that are able to remain productive and energetic. A love for hands-on work is a must, as well as a strong sense of team spirit and a can-do attitude. Does this sound like you? Then ALDI might be the right fit.
What’s in it for you?
- Market leading remuneration - from $35.93 per hour + penalties
- Four weeks annual leave
- Flexible work arrangements and guaranteed contract hours available (20 hours per week)
- Career opportunities within our Distribution Centres
- Comprehensive training and development
- Working with a retailer who has been recognised as an Employer of Choice (as voted in 2021, 2020, 2019 and 2018)
- First Class equipment
- Excellent team culture - work alongside friendly and supportive colleagues
You will be responsible for:
- Providing accurate and prompt picking, receiving and dispatching of goods
- Managing orders
- Controlling stock levels
- Operating machinery in a safe and efficient manner
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Good attention to detail
- Confident communication skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
ALDI as an employer: For the planners, the coordinators, the ones who strive for every efficiency. A role in one of our distribution centres will place you in ALDI's engine room - disciplined, structured, and constantly striving to achieve goals. With all the challenges of supporting a rapidly growing operation, you'll be supported by great conditions, generous remuneration and a culture that'll bring out the best in you.
At ALDI we believe that our employees should expect to come to work every day with the comfort and confidence that they are in the safest possible environment. You will be required to adhere to all ALDI and State and Federal Government COVID-safe practices and regulations.
From March 1st 2022, a condition of ongoing employment with ALDI will be that employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a valid exemption. This requirement will apply to all employees across stores, warehouse, transport and offices.