An exciting opportunity for a Corporate Responsibility Assistant has become available within the National Buying department of ALDI Stores, based in Minchinbury. This role is a permanent full-time position.
As part of the CR team, you will act as a central point of contact to the National Buying Department, Suppliers and international CR colleagues for human rights and ethical sourcing initiatives. Focusing on activities relating to modern slavery, child labour, workforce safety and social standards within Australia and globally, you will be responsible for monitoring the supply chain by reviewing external and internal audits in order to detect non-compliance and oversee remediation.
What we are looking for:
The successful candidate will demonstrate an understanding of supply chain operations and possess knowledge of socially responsible practices within a corporate environment. With a passion for CR, you will have the confidence to effectively engage and train stakeholders at various levels. The key to success is strong attention to detail and the ability to identify risks and opportunities, with the goal of maintaining an ethical supply chain.
What's in it for you?
- Market leading remuneration $93,700 - $106,600 (inclusive of superannuation)
- Work up to 10 days from home per month
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Work in a company that values social compliance and sustainability
- Join a passionate and supportive team of a leading international retailer
- Comprehensive on-the-job training and development program provided
- Responsible for the Social Monitoring Program, reviewing social audit reports such as SMETA, Fairfarms, BSCI and SA8000, and ensuring business partners comply with ALDI’s social standards.
- Work closely with business partners to ensure effective remediation takes place in the case of potential or identified non-compliances
- Ensure the maintenance of accurate supply chain data to verify traceability of production/processing of products
- Support the implementation of relevant policies including social standards, human rights and forced labour
- Coordinate information sharing and communications, including training to internal and external stakeholders
- Liaise with ALDI’s international CR department, to share learnings and participate in projects
- Assist in the development and maintenance of efficient CR systems and documentation
- Effectively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Assist in developing training programs and conduct training of new staff
- Support other CR team members where necessary
- Provide general administrative service to the CR Manager
- Support the delivery of accurate CR reporting
- Experience in social compliance is highly regarded
- Demonstrated experience in applying sustainability principles and concepts
- Demonstrated experience identifying and investigating potential risks and opportunities
- Demonstrated knowledge of supply chain operations
- Demonstrated knowledge of corporate social responsibility and practices
- Proven ability to support and build strong relationships with multiple stakeholders at varying levels
- Strong attention to detail and research skills
- Demonstrated experience to multitask, prioritise and take initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and in a team environment
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Tertiary qualification or demonstrated industry experience in a relevant field is highly regarded
This role reports to the Executive Manager - Corporate Responsibility.
At ALDI we believe that our employees should expect to come to work every day with the comfort and confidence that they are in the safest possible environment. You will be required to adhere to all ALDI and State and Federal Government COVID-safe practices and regulations.
From March 1st 2022, a condition of ongoing employment with ALDI will be that employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a valid medical exemption. This requirement will apply to all employees across stores, warehouse, transport and offices.