At ALDI, our people are the key to our success.
ALDI offer a supermarket experience that is like no other in Australia. Where else can you walk into a supermarket wanting to buy bread and milk and walk out with a unicycle?
Luckily, to be an Area Manager in our Store Operations team at ALDI you don’t need to be an expert unicyclist. You will need to be able to plan and manage your time effectively, be supportive and approachable to develop your teams and have the drive to deliver results.
What's in it for you?
- Market leading remuneration - $133,000 - $179,000* + Car (including superannuation)
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Permanent contract
- Paid parental leave
- iPhone, laptop and fully expensed company car from day one
- A comprehensive 12 month training program with your own mentor for support
- High levels of trust, responsibility and autonomy
- Future role mobility to work in other areas of the business
- Working with a retailer who has been recognised as an Employer of Choice (as voted in 2021, 2020, 2019 and 2018)
- Excellent team culture where you work alongside friendly and supportive colleagues
- Access to MyALDI Wellbeing. We work with a number of benefits partners to provide colleagues with access to support and benefits in wellness, including discounted gym memberships and healthcare plans, fully comprehensive EAP as well as an Injury Support Program (where employees can access free physiotherapy to treat non-work-related aches, pains or niggles.
What does the role involve?
If you love being on the go, then this may be the job for you. Once you finish your training you will take on a multimillion dollar area of stores and run it as if it were your own business. In this role you will:
- Recruit, train, motivate and develop store staff to reach their full potential
- Achieve targets, drive sales and reduce costs
- Use initiative to control, manage and continually improve the quality and efficiency of work
- Ensure that your team adheres to all ALDI controls, policies, procedures and guidelines
What do we need from you?
- You will also need a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
- Proven experience in leading and managing teams
So if you’re looking for a role that's Good Different, with high levels of responsibility, the flexibility to manage your workload the way you want, and a real chance to improve not only your stores but the wider business, apply today!
At ALDI we believe that our employees should expect to come to work every day with the comfort and confidence that they are in the safest possible environment. You will be required to adhere to all ALDI and State and Federal Government COVID-safe practices and regulations.
Effective from 1 March 2022, all current employees and prospective employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a valid exemption. This requirement will apply to all employees and prospective employees across stores, warehouse, transport and offices. Proof of such vaccination will be a condition of employment.