What we offer you
- Market leading remuneration $35.93 + allowances + penalties* (*Assistant Section Leader allowance is paid for each shift)
- Four weeks annual leave
- Permanent contract
- Flexible work arrangements and different levels of guaranteed contract hours available
- Working with a retailer who has been recognised as an Employer of Choice (as voted in 2021, 2020, 2019 and 2018)
- Excellent team culture where you work alongside friendly and supportive colleagues
- Access to MyALDI Wellbeing. We work with a number of benefits partners to provide colleagues with access to support and benefits in wellness, including discounted gym memberships and healthcare plans, fully comprehensive EAP as well as an Injury Support Program (where employees can access free physiotherapy to treat non-work-related aches, pains or niggles^).
What is involved in the role?
At ALDI, our people are the key to our success.
As a leader in our Distribution Centres, you're responsible for supervising all warehouse activities from receiving, picking & packing and inventory management to coordinating the rostering and training of employees... and that takes talent. It's a demanding role that requires you to be self-motivated, results-driven and have fantastic planning and organisational skills. Prior leadership and logistics experience is essential.
We want someone with a strong work ethic and the ability to adapt to changing situations to join our team. Multitasking and time management are equally important, as you will have to deal with multiple issues at any one time. Finally, and most importantly, the role is all about motivating and developing a team of people - success in this will be your biggest reward, but also your biggest challenge.
You will be responsible for
- Developing, training and motivating Warehouse Operators of the highest quality and standard
- Coordinating stock picking schedules
- Managing rostering and coordination of team members
- Operating machinery in a safe and efficient manner
To be successful in this role you will have
- Logistics experience, in a management capacity
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Confident and engaging communication skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
At ALDI we believe that our employees should expect to come to work every day with the comfort and confidence that they are in the safest possible environment. You will be required to adhere to all ALDI and State and Federal Government COVID-safe practices and regulations.
Effective from 1 March 2022, all current employees and prospective employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a valid exemption. This requirement will apply to all employees and prospective employees across stores, warehouse, transport and offices. Proof of such vaccination will be a condition of employment.