An exciting opportunity to join the National Development Team has become available within the National IT department of ALDI Stores, based in Minchinbury, NSW. This is a permanent full-time role.
As a Data Reporting Specialist, you will be responsible for expanding and optimising the data pipeline architecture. You will support the broader business on various analytical initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery is consistent throughout ongoing projects. The individual would need to be able to understand complex business processes, gather requirements, work efficiently and verify their results.
What we are looking for:
The successful candidate will be working with Apache Hadoop to bring together data from multiple points to then extract and prepare data pipelines for relevant business units. As such you will possess the ability to work with and analyse large data sets as well as the expertise to communicate and convey technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
What's in it for you?
- Market leading remuneration - $103,500 - $122,700 (including superannuation)
- Be a part of a leading international retailer
- Tailored and supportive on-boarding program to get you started
- Join a team committed to your personal and professional development
- Work up to 10 days from home per month
- 5 weeks annual leave
- High level of autonomy and responsibility
- Provide data reporting support to broader business stakeholder groups
- Compile user requirements and specifications for data
- Set up relevant workflows and scheduling to ensure on time processing of data sets
- Analyse, Check and validate large data sets
- Design and develop end-to-end optimised data pipelines including complex data transformations
- Drive continuous improvements of the system, development practice and processes that support scalability and optimise supportability.
- Engage in data curation, transformation and processing utilising SQL
- Ad hoc preparation of and updates to relevant documentation
- Demonstrated commercial experience and knowledge in Apache Hadoop, including relevant Apache tools
- Previous experience in Microsoft SQL is essential
- Experience with the Microsoft BI stack, including SSRS, SSAS and SSIS
- Ability to identify, prepare, analyse and present data
- Demonstrated high level of numeracy and accuracy
- Highly developed skills in data analysis and modelling
- Previous experience in Python or R is highly regarded
- Knowledge and experience in SAP BW and SAP BO advantageous
- High level written and verbal communication
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills
- Intermediate experience in Microsoft Office Suite
*This role reports to the Executive Manager - National IT
At ALDI we believe that our employees should expect to come to work every day with the comfort and confidence that they are in the safest possible environment. You will be required to adhere to all ALDI and State and Federal Government COVID-safe practices and regulations.
From March 1st 2022, a condition of ongoing employment with ALDI will be that employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a valid medical exemption. This requirement will apply to all employees across stores, warehouse, transport and offices.