An exciting opportunity to join the National Development Team has become available within the National IT department of ALDI Stores, based in Minchinbury, NSW. This is a permanent full-time role.
As a Tableau Data Engineer, you will be responsible for creating, expanding and optimising the data pipelines. You will support the Front-End Developers with delivering data that is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
What we are looking for:
The successful candidate will possess the ability to work with and analyse large data sets as well as the expertise to communicate and convey technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences. The individual will need to be able to understand complex business processes, gather requirements, work efficiently and be able to accurately verify results.
What's in it for you?
- Market leading remuneration - $103,500 - $122,700 (including superannuation)
- Be a part of a leading international retailer
- Tailored and supportive on-boarding program to get you started
- Join a team committed to your personal and professional development
- Hybrid working model, with up to 2 days per week working from home (WFH)
- 5 weeks annual leave
- High level of autonomy and responsibility
- Drive the collection, cleansing, merging and management of data from various sources across the business and oversee the automation and documentation of tasks
- Compile user requirements and specifications for data
- Perform ad hoc data extraction and manipulation for further analysis
- Design and develop end-to-end optimised data pipelines and data transformation
- Drive continuous improvements of the system, development practice and processes that support scalability and optimise supportability
- Ad hoc preparation of and updates to relevant documentation
- Demonstrated commercial experience and knowledge in Tableau and Tableau Prep Builder,
- Experience in Alteryx Designer, including creating and managing workflows is highly regarded
- Knowledge and experience in SAP BW and SAP BO is highly regarded
- Ability to identify, prepare, analyse and present data
- Demonstrated high level of numeracy and accuracy
- Highly developed skills in data analysis and modelling
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey technical ideas to both technical and business users
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills
- Intermediate experience in Microsoft Office Suite
*This role reports to the Executive Manager - National IT
At ALDI we believe that our employees should expect to come to work every day with the comfort and confidence that they are in the safest possible environment. You will be required to adhere to all ALDI and State and Federal Government COVID-safe practices and regulations.
From March 1st 2022, a condition of ongoing employment with ALDI will be that employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a valid medical exemption. This requirement will apply to all employees across stores, warehouse, transport and offices.