Good People, Good Pay, Good Training.
Being level headed, adaptable and safety minded are the key traits required to be one of our Transport Operators. Spending your days on the road, it's essential to be self-motivated with a high regard for safety. Delivering the stock state-wide means that you'll also need strong planning and time management skills. You must have a HC licence (minimum), with a good driving record and be able to work on a rotating roster.
We are looking for people that not only ensure their work is completed to the highest standard, but can do so whilst balancing different priorities, tight deadlines and unexpected challenges. You must have previous transport industry experience as well as a pragmatic attitude and willingness to learn. A love for the road and being safe is a must, as is a strong sense of team spirit and a can-do attitude. Sound like you? Then ALDI might be the right fit.
What’s in it for you?
- Market leading remuneration - $35.93 per hour + attractive shift penalties*
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Permanent contract
- 9 working days within a fortnight
- Set fortnightly shift pattern
- Flexible work arrangements available
- Career opportunities within our Distribution Centres
- Comprehensive training and development
- First class equipment and Distribution Centres including a clean and well maintained truck
- Future role mobility to work in other areas of the business
- Working with a retailer who has been recognised as an Employer of Choice (as voted in 2021, 2020, 2019 and 2018)
- Excellent team culture where you work alongside friendly and supportive colleagues
- An EAP program that you and your immediate family can use which is 100% free and confidential
- Complimentary access to our Injury Support Program, where you can access free physiotherapy to treat both work and non-work-related aches, pains or niggles**
- Excellent team culture - work alongside friendly and supportive colleagues
What does the role involve?
- Delivering stock to stores effectively and efficiently
- Loading and unloading of your trailer
- Completing all pre-departure and safety checks
- Operating machinery in a safe and efficient manner
What we need from you?
- A current HC licence (minimum)
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Self-motivated, with good time management and planning skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
At ALDI we believe that our employees should expect to come to work every day with the comfort and confidence that they are in the safest possible environment. You will be required to adhere to all ALDI and State and Federal Government COVID-safe practices and regulations.
Effective from 1 March 2022, all current employees and prospective employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a valid exemption. This requirement will apply to all employees and prospective employees across stores, warehouse, transport and offices. Proof of such vaccination will be a condition of employment.
*Remuneration varies depending on licence