At ALDI, our people are the key to our success.
Being level headed, adaptable and safety minded are the key traits required to be one of our Transport Operators. Spending your days on the road, it's essential to be self-motivated with a high regard for safety. Delivering the stock statewide means that you'll also need strong planning and time management skills. You must have a HC license (minimum), with a good driving record and be able to work on a rotating roster.
We are looking for people that not only ensure their work is completed to the highest standard, but can do so whilst balancing different priorities, tight deadlines and unexpected challenges. You must have previous transport industry experience as well as a pragmatic attitude and willingness to learn. A love for the road and being safe is a must, as is a strong sense of team spirit and a can-do attitude. Sound like you? Then ALDI might be the right fit.
What’s in it for you?
- Market leading remuneration - $35.93 per hour + penalties*
- Five weeks annual leave
- Flexible work arrangements and different levels of guaranteed contract hours available
- Career opportunities within our Distribution Centres
- Comprehensive training and development
- First class equipment and Distribution Centres including a clean and well maintained truck
- Be a part of a leading international retailer
- Excellent team culture - work alongside friendly and supportive colleagues
You will be responsible for:
- Delivering stock to stores effectively and efficiently
- Loading and unloading of your trailer
- Completing all pre-departure and safety checks
- Operating machinery in a safe and efficient manner
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Self-motivated, with good time management and planning skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- A current HC license (minimum)
ALDI as an employer: For the planners, the coordinators, the ones who strive for every efficiency. A role in one of our Distribution Centres will place you in ALDI's engine room - disciplined, structured, and constantly striving to achieve goals. With all the challenges of supporting a rapidly growing operation, you'll be supported by great conditions, generous remuneration and a culture that'll bring out the best in you.
At ALDI we believe that our employees should expect to come to work every day with the comfort and confidence that they are in the safest possible environment. You will be required to adhere to all ALDI and State and Federal Government COVID-safe practices and regulations.
Effective from 1 March 2022, all current employees and prospective employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a valid exemption. This requirement will apply to all employees and prospective employees across stores, warehouse, transport and offices. Proof of such vaccination will be a condition of employment.
*Remuneration varies depending on Licence