At ALDI, our people are the key to our success.
We are looking for leaders that not only ensure their work is completed to the highest standard, but can do so whilst balancing different priorities, tight deadlines and unexpected challenges of the logistics environment.
As an Assistant Transport Operations Supervisor at our Minchinbury Distribution centre, you will be responsible for assisting the Section Leader in everything from coordinating delivery schedules to running the day to day operations of the transport operations. Other times will require you to get behind the wheel and be the face of transport, delivering stock to our stores. Our Transport team operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so we are looking for flexible candidates that can be available for 5 out of 7 days (including weekends and public holidays).
Previous transport and/or logistics management experience is essential to be successful in this role. We're looking for results driven leaders with strong organisational skills and the ability to delegate effectively. Being able to solve real business challenges and see the positive impact of your decisions brings great satisfaction and we provide the rewards to match.
What we offer you:
- Market leading remuneration - $86,800* + penalties
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Permanent contract
- Flexible work arrangements and different levels of guaranteed contract hours available (up to 90 hours a fortnight)
- Comprehensive training and development program
- Working with a retailer who has been recognised as an Employer of Choice (as voted in 2021, 2020, 2019 and 2018)
- Excellent team culture where you work alongside friendly and supportive colleagues
- Access to MyALDI Wellbeing. We work with a number of benefits partners to provide colleagues with access to support and benefits in wellness, including discounted gym memberships and healthcare plans, fully comprehensive EAP as well as an Injury Support Program (where employees can access free physiotherapy to treat non-work-related aches, pains or niggles^
What is involved in the role:
- Assisting with coordinating store delivery schedules and meeting daily deadlines
- Helping with managing, rostering and coordinating team members
- Developing, training and motivating Transport Operators to the highest quality and standard
- Operating machinery in a safe and efficient manner
To be successful in this role, it will be beneficial to have:
- Previous experience in transport / logistics in a frontline manager / supervisor capacity
- Sound knowledge of National Heavy Vehicle Legislation (NHVL) and Chain of Responsibility (CoR)
- Sound knowledge of NHVAS Maintenance Management System (MMS)
- HR / HC / MC Licence (or willingness to obtain within 3 months)
- Sound level of computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Previous allocation and scheduling experience
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Confident and engaging communication skills
- Adaptability, flexibility and problem solving skill
At ALDI we believe that our employees should expect to come to work every day with the comfort and confidence that they are in the safest possible environment. You will be required to adhere to all ALDI and State and Federal Government COVID-safe practices and regulations.
From March 1st 2022, a condition of ongoing employment with ALDI will be that employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a valid medical exemption. This requirement will apply to all employees across stores, warehouse, transport and offices.
*Assistant Section Leader allowance is only paid for shifts where higher duties are required
^ conditions apply