At ALDI, our people are the key to our success.
Without our meticulous Caretakers, we wouldn't have the successful Distribution Centres we have today. From general maintenance to providing assistance to all areas of the Warehouse and Distribution Centre, including cleaning, trailer loading and unloading, handyman tasks, gardening and other general maintenance duties. If you enjoy working in a close-knit team environment and thrive in a logistics operation that strives to achieve goals, then this could be your perfect fit.
What’s in it for you?
- Market leading remuneration - $28.22 per hour + penalties
- Four weeks annual leave
- Flexible work arrangements and different levels of guaranteed contract hours available
- Career opportunities within our Distribution Centres
- Comprehensive training and development
- First Class equipment and Distribution Centres
- Be a part of a leading international retailer
- Excellent team culture - work alongside friendly and supportive colleagues
You will be responsible for:
- General maintenance and handyman tasks
- Cleanliness of all areas within and external of the Distribution Centre
- Assist Warehouse Mechanics in their day-to-day duties
- Operating machinery in a safe and efficient manner
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Confident and engaging communication skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
ALDI as an employer: For the planners, the coordinators, the ones who strive for every efficiency. A role in one of our Distribution Centres will place you in ALDI's engine room - disciplined, structured, and constantly striving to achieve goals. With all the challenges of supporting a rapidly growing operation, you'll be supported by great conditions, generous remuneration and a culture that'll bring out the best in you.
At ALDI we believe that our employees should expect to come to work every day with the comfort and confidence that they are in the safest possible environment. You will be required to adhere to all ALDI and State and Federal Government COVID-safe practices and regulations.
Effective from 1 March 2022, all current employees and prospective employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a valid exemption. This requirement will apply to all employees and prospective employees across stores, warehouse, transport and offices. Proof of such vaccination will be a condition of employment.