At ALDI, our people are the key to our success.
Ever heard of a refractometer or a penetrometer? Our Warehouse Checkers have! These are the tools that our Checkers use to ensure our strawberries meet the right sweetness levels and to measure the bite of our apples. We know that the quality of our products is top notch because our eagle eyed Warehouse Checkers have checked them.
To be a Warehouse Checker for ALDI, you won’t need x-ray vision but you will need outstanding attention to detail, be a strong team player, and have great communication skills.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Conducting in-depth specification testing including shelf-life testing to ensure products comply with ALDI product requirements
- Communicating with the Team Leader regarding product quality, specifications or any other relevant information which will assist them in decision making
- Engaging and liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Ensuring an ongoing understanding of current quality related issues
In return, you’ll receive:
- A competitive pay rate $31.67 per hour + penalties
- Comprehensive training and development
- 4 weeks annual leave
- Work alongside friendly and supportive colleagues
- Be part of a leading international retailer
To apply for this role you’ll need the following:
- Previous experience in Produce quality testing would be beneficial
- Attention to detail to ensure quality standards are met
- The ability to make decisions and "action" outstanding issues
- A thorough, accurate and logical methodology
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to multi-task
- The ability to adapt to changing circumstances at short notice
So if you like what you see, get your refractometer out - and check that this role is sweet enough!
At ALDI we believe that our employees should expect to come to work every day with the comfort and confidence that they are in the safest possible environment. You will be required to adhere to all ALDI and State and Federal Government COVID-safe practices and regulations.
Effective from 1 March 2022, all current employees and prospective employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a valid exemption. This requirement will apply to all employees and prospective employees across stores, warehouse, transport and offices. Proof of such vaccination will be a condition of employment.