At ALDI, our people are the key to our success.
We are looking for people that not only ensure their work is completed to the highest standard, but can do so whilst balancing different priorities, tight deadlines and unexpected challenges.
As an Assistant Section Leader in Transport, you will be responsible for supporting the Section Leader in everything from coordinating delivery schedules to running the day to day operations of the transport area.
Prior logistics experience is a must to be successful in this role, but more than that, we're looking for results driven leaders with strong organisational skills and the ability to delegate effectively. Being able to solve real business challenges and see the positive impact of your decisions brings great satisfaction and we provide rewards to match: comprehensive training, industry-leading remuneration and flexible work arrangements.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading and managing your team, driving a safety focused and high-performance culture
- Ensure store delivery schedules are meeting daily deadlines
- Ensure maximum fleet utilisation and efficiency
- Managing, rostering and coordination of team members
- Developing, training and motivating transport drivers and loaders to the highest quality and standard
- Operating machinery in a safe and efficient manner
What’s in it for you?
- Market leading remuneration - Paid hourly with overtime and shift penalties
- Five weeks annual leave
- Flexible work arrangements with 5 days off per fortnight
- Comprehensive and structured training and development
- Opportunity for career progression
- Be a part of a leading international retailer
- Excellent team culture - work alongside friendly and supportive colleagues
Desirable skills and experience:
- Ability to work 9 days per fortnight, Monday to Sunday
- Ability to fit into one of two shift patterns - AM shift starts at 2.00am, MID shift starts at 10.00am
- Strong leadership skills
- Heavy Vehicle Licence or willingness to obtain
- Knowledge of CoR, National Heavy Vehicle Law, Mass Management, Fatigue Management, Maintenance management
- Operational experience preferably in FMCG transport or logistics environment
- Effective communication and strong relationship management
- Exceptional planning, organisation, and time management skills with high attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
ALDI as an employer: For the planners, the coordinators, the ones who strive for every efficiency. A role in one of our Distribution Centres will place you in ALDI's engine room - disciplined, structured, and constantly striving to achieve goals. With all the challenges of supporting a rapidly growing operation, you'll be supported by great conditions, generous remuneration and a culture that'll bring out the best in you.
At ALDI we believe that our employees should expect to come to work every day with the comfort and confidence that they are in the safest possible environment. You will be required to adhere to all ALDI and State and Federal Government COVID-safe practices and regulations.
Effective from 1 March 2022, all current employees and prospective employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a valid exemption. This requirement will apply to all employees and prospective employees across stores, warehouse, transport and offices. Proof of such vaccination will be a condition of employment.
*Assistant Section Leader allowance is only paid for shifts where higher duties are required