Good People, Good Pay, Good Training.
As a Retail Assistant on our limited roster arrangement, you nominate the days that you are available to work, giving you the freedom and flexibility to do everything else in between. Now that’s Good Different.
At ALDI, you will have a lot of variety in every shift. Whether you’re filling shelves or scanning items for customers, you’ll be trained to handle multiple roles throughout the store. Don’t worry, previous retail experience is not necessary. But we are looking for people to join our teams who have a positive attitude, a hardworking spirit and the willingness to learn!
Our stores are open every day of the week (including weekends and public holidays). Shifts can start as early as 6am and finish as late as 10pm, and it’s important that you are able to get to and from work safely, so you do need access to reliable transport.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive hourly rate of $25.92* + higher weekend penalties
- Limited roster with an average of 15.5 hours per week
- You nominate the days you can work so you can plan your work and other commitments each week**
- Ongoing part time employment and benefits including paid annual leave, paid parental leave and paid sick/ carer’s leave***
- Extensive training and development
- Career progression opportunities in our growing store network
- Working with a retailer who has been recognised as an Employer of Choice (as voted in 2021, 2020, 2019 and 2018)
- Excellent team culture where you work alongside friendly and supportive colleagues
- Complimentary access to MyALDI Wellbeing program giving you support and exclusive benefits in wellness from discounted gym memberships to healthcare plans
- An EAP program that you and your immediate family can use which is 100% free and confidential
- Complimentary access to our Injury Support Program, where you can access free physiotherapy to treat both work and non-work-related aches, pains or niggles****
What does the role involve?
- Serving and assisting customers in a professional and efficient manner
- Operating registers and calculating change manually
- Ensuring shelves are fully stocked with products
- Training to use equipment to move stock safely
- Merchandising stock storewide
- Cleaning and maintaining store standards
At ALDI we believe that our employees should expect to come to work every day with the comfort and confidence that they are in the safest possible environment. You will be required to adhere to all ALDI and State and Federal Government COVID-safe practices and regulations.
Effective from 1 March 2022, all current employees and prospective employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a valid medical exemption. This requirement applies to all employees and prospective employees across stores, warehouse, transport, and offices. Proof of vaccination or medical exemption will be a condition of employment.
*Hourly rate for Retail Assistants aged 18 years and over
** May not be rostered to work on all days you nominate as being available
*** Limited Roster Store Assistants will receive leave (including Personal Leave, Annual Leave, and other statutory leave requirements) or public holiday entitlements, on the days you have agreed that you are usually available to work in line with the limited roster