Financial Reporting Accountant
ALDI. Good Different.
With roots dating back to 1913, ALDI is proud to make a real difference to people across the world by offering top quality products for low prices. ALDI first entered the Australian grocery market in 2001 and has since grown to have almost 600 stores and 8 distribution centres in 6 states.
If you’ve ever shopped at ALDI you know we are not your average supermarket. We’re also not your average employer. ALDI is a place where you’ll find good people, good purpose and a good opportunities. So you can work with a great team, feel great for making a real difference for everyday Australians and have a rewarding career.
It’s that simple. ALDI Good Different.
Grow your career with a global retailer as a Financial Reporting Accountant within our Financial Reporting and Treasury team at ALDI Australia, based in Minchinbury. This is a full-time permanent position.
With the opportunity to leave a lasting imprint on the business and influence our success, your work will extend beyond financial spreadsheets. At ALDI, you will help shape a more profitable and sustainable future not only for the company but also for the customers and communities we serve.
Come join us at ALDI, a place where your financial acumen can make a real difference to real people.
What does the role look like?
- Perform daily and month end accounting activities in an accurate and timely manner
- Complete all reporting requirements for review by the Executive Manager
- Prepare financial and ad hoc reporting and analyses as required by the Executive Manager
- Assist the wider team in fulfilling requirements for auditing and compliance
- Perform treasury related functions including hedging, daily liquidity planning and cash management
- Manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Participation in various ad hoc projects such as system implementations
- Engage in process improvement where applicable
What do we need from you?
- Minimum of 2 years’ demonstrated experience within an accounting environment
- Demonstrated exposure within the Professional Services sector is highly regarded
- Knowledge of accounting standards and legislation
- CA/CPA accreditation or equivalent from other countries
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail and organisational skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and relationship building skills with the ability to engage across different levels of management
- The ability to apply problem solving skills, initiative, and responsibility for tasks
- The ability to manage competing deadlines and work under pressure
- Experience in SAP S/4 Hana is highly desirable
What’s in it for you?
- Transparent tiered salary range of $110,800 - $132,200 including super
- Enjoy 5 weeks annual leave for pursuing your passions outside of work
- Enjoy the flexibility of hybrid work - up to 2 days work from home a week
- Be part of a company with purpose - we’re committed to sustainability for our planet, positively impacting our communities, supporting our farmers and suppliers and giving our customers a richer life for less.
- Support during life’s most important moments including paid parental leave, superannuation on parental leave, up to 5 days paid compassionate leave, natural disaster leave, emergency services leave etc
- An Employee Assistance Program that you and your immediate family can use which is 100% free and confidential
- Take advantage of complimentary access to free on-site physiotherapy to treat non-work related aches, pains or niggles
- Access to wellness programs such as discounted gym memberships, discounted health insurance and more
- Opportunities to contribute to companywide projects, move laterally into other roles in the business and embark on international assignments
- Working with a retailer who has been recognised as an Employer of Choice (as voted in 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019 and 2018)
Articles you might be interested in
Jobs you have shown an interest in