Indirect Tax Accountant
ALDI. Good Different.
With roots dating back to 1913, ALDI is proud to make a real difference to people across the world by offering top quality products for low prices. ALDI first entered the Australian grocery market in 2001 and has since grown to have almost 600 stores and 8 distribution centres in 6 states.
If you’ve ever shopped at ALDI you know we are not your average supermarket. We’re also not your average employer. ALDI is a place where you’ll find good people, good purpose and a good opportunities. So you can work with a great team, feel great for making a real difference for everyday Australians and have a rewarding career.
It’s that simple. ALDI Good Different.
ALDI is growing and we are seeking a proactive and results-driven Tax Accountant to be a driving force in process improvements. This role is a permanent full-time position, based in Minchinbury.
Join a team that values your contribution and provides opportunities for continuous learning to develop into a tax expert while contributing to our high standards of tax governance and risk management to ensure corporate tax obligations are delivered on time and accurately.
You will embrace a growth mindset, eager to shape the future of tax excellence by elevating the tax process and directly contribute to ALDI's strategic goals.
What does the role look like?
- Assist with ALDI's Indirect Tax compliance obligations, focusing on GST, FBT, and Land tax & levies.
- Maintain and enhance ALDI’s high standard of tax governance and tax risk management, including regular policy reviews, process & control optimisation.
- Contribute to the preparation of tax position papers, rulings, and internal memos, providing valuable insights to support informed decision-making.
- Actively participate in projects within the Tax Team and ensure tax considerations are integrated into broader initiatives.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and implement strategies, processes, and controls to enhance business efficiency, driving positive change in tax-related workflows.
- Remain up to date with all relevant legislation and assist in communicating relevant changes to the Tax Team and the wider business.
- Adhere to guidelines, meet specified deadlines, and efficiently complete allocated tasks to mitigate risk and ensure compliance with all relevant taxation legislation.
What do we need from you?
- Previous Corporate Tax experience (either in Professional Services Firm or large Corporate)
- Tertiary qualification in Commerce, Finance or Taxation
- Demonstrated experience in driving positive change in tax-related workflows
- Team player with a solutions-focused approach and ability to collaborate and build rapport with internal and external stakeholders
- Adaptability to thrive in a dynamic and innovative work environment
- Strong time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks within tight timeframes
What’s in it for you?
- Transparent tiered salary range of $93,000 - $104,000 including super
- Enjoy 5 weeks annual leave for pursuing your passions outside of work
- Enjoy the flexibility of hybrid work - up to 2 days work from home a week
- Be part of a company with purpose - we’re committed to sustainability for our planet, positively impacting our communities, supporting our farmers and suppliers and giving our customers a richer life for less.
- Support during life’s most important moments including paid parental leave, superannuation on parental leave, up to 5 days paid compassionate leave, natural disaster leave, emergency services leave etc
- An Employee Assistance Program that you and your immediate family can use which is 100% free and confidential
- Take advantage of complimentary access to free on-site physiotherapy to treat non-work related aches, pains or niggles
- Access to wellness programs such as discounted gym memberships, discounted health insurance and more
- Opportunities to contribute to companywide projects, move laterally into other roles in the business and embark on international assignments
- Working with a retailer who has been recognised as an Employer of Choice (as voted in 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019 and 2018)
Articles you might be interested in
Jobs you have shown an interest in