Project Specialist (Release and Test Management)
ALDI. Good Different.
With roots dating back to 1913, ALDI is proud to make a real difference to people across the world by offering top quality products for low prices. ALDI first entered the Australian grocery market in 2001 and has since grown to have almost 600 stores and 8 distribution centres in 6 states.
If you’ve ever shopped at ALDI you know we are not your average supermarket. We’re also not your average employer. ALDI is a place where you’ll find good people, good purpose and good opportunities, so you can work with a great team, feel great for making a real difference for everyday Australians and have a rewarding career.
It’s that simple. ALDI Good Different.
Our National IT department is undergoing a global transformation of our IT Landscape and are seeking a Project Specialist to join the Release Management and Testing Team, based in Minchinbury NSW. This is a permanent full-time position.
As a Specialist, you will be partnering with our Buying, Supply Chain, Logistics, Stores and Finance teams to coordinate the testing and deployment of new enhancements and functionalities of ALDI’s global systems. Your area of responsibility will include overall Project Management, Cutover co-ordination, Hypercare and Incident Management. You will ensure all relevant teams follow the agreed release management approach, achieve key project milestones, and adhere to project timelines.
What does the role look like?
- Commanding cross functional activities in Cutover project planning, Hypercare and overall Project Management for multiple release implementations
- Managing many stakeholders and executing the global cutover plan for the releases according to schedule
- Working closely with the Release Manager to ensure all technical considerations are addressed
- Business and IT incident management, reporting, coordinating control towers and triage meetings during the release Hypercare period
- Generalist support for User Acceptance Testing (UAT) of new demands and system enhancements including test execution management and defect management
What do we need from you?
- Previous experience in project management, coordinating cutover, go-live hypercare and incident management for system implementations
- Experience using project management tools such as Jira, Confluence and ServiceNow
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact across all levels of the business and engage non-technical stakeholders
- Acute attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects whilst working under pressure
- Solution focused with the ability to problem solve and present ideas
- Experience with SAP S/4 HANA, SAP MDG(CMI), Manhattan and SAP Ariba is beneficial but not mandatory
- Able to work flexibly and comfortable attending Microsoft Teams video calls outside of standard business hours
What's in it for you?
- Transparent tiered salary range of $110,800 - $132,200 *
- 5 weeks paid annual leave
- Structured training plan from day 1
- Enjoy the flexibility of hybrid work - up to 2 days work from home per week
- Support during life’s most important moments including paid parental leave, superannuation on parental leave, up to 5 days paid compassionate leave, natural disaster leave, emergency services leave etc
- An Employee Assistance Program that you and your immediate family can use which is 100% free and confidential
- Take advantage of complimentary access to free on-site physiotherapy to treat non-work related aches, pains or niggles
- Access to wellness programs such as discounted gym memberships, discounted health insurance and more
- Opportunities to contribute to companywide projects, move laterally into other roles in the business and embark on international assignments
- Be part of a company with purpose - we’re committed to sustainability for our planet, positively impacting our communities, supporting our farmers and suppliers and giving our customers a richer life for less
- Working with a retailer who has been recognised as an Employer of Choice (as voted in 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019 and 2018)
This role reports into the Executive Manager - IT.
*Includes superannuation. Remuneration varies depending on location and experience.
Articles you might be interested in
Jobs you have shown an interest in