Quality Assurance Specialist (Food Products)
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
ALDI. Good Different.
With roots dating back to 1913, ALDI is proud to make a real difference to people across the world by offering top quality products for low prices. ALDI first entered the Australian grocery market in 2001 and has since grown to have almost 600 stores and 8 distribution centres in 6 states.
If you’ve ever shopped at ALDI you know we are not your average supermarket. We’re also not your average employer. ALDI is a place where you’ll find good people, good purpose and a good opportunities. So you can work with a great team, feel great for making a real difference for everyday Australians and have a rewarding career.
It’s that simple. ALDI Good Different.
Grow your career with a global retailer as a Specialist within our Quality Assurance team at ALDI Australia, based in Minchinbury. This position is an 18 months fixed-term opportunity.
Step into this role, where you'll become a key part of a team that stands as the guardians of product safety and quality for the National Buying department. Our Quality Assurance team are the watchful eyes ensuring the smooth and effective implementation of critical processes throughout the entire lifecycle of a product.
Your role will play a crucial part in ensuring that ALDI's products maintain the highest standard of quality and safety. By ensuring each product's journey from conception to our stores is seamless and up to our exacting standards, you make a real difference to our customers' experience.
What does the role look like?
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop, communicate and update QA requirements in accordance with ALDI standards and legislation
- Provide technical consultancy to the wider Buying teams and ensure they are kept up to date with changing compliance requirements/standards
- Develop, review and maintain product specifications and QA requirements considering mandatory standards, industry standards and in-house requirements
- Liaise with the suppliers’ QA teams, testing laboratories and Buying teams on technical enquiries
- Work with the Buying teams and suppliers to continuously improve ALDI branded products
- Facilitate the external assessment and approval of products, its labelling, artwork and corresponding claims
- Participate in QA projects and process alternations. Support the adjustment of documentation
- Monitor complaint trends and assess products against customer complaints as required
- Use initiative to control, manage and continually improve the quality and efficiency of work in area of responsibility
What do we need from you?
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role within FMCG
- 3-5+ years’ experience within food production in high risk Ready to Eat food manufacturing
- Expertise in relevant industry standards, regulations and product label compliance
- Experience in the development of product specifications, technical investigation and report writing
- Demonstrated understanding of chemical and microbiological testing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Exceptional organisation and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure with conflicting priorities
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant field such as Food Science is desired
What’s in it for you?
- Transparent tiered salary range of $110, 800 - $132, 200 including super
- Enjoy 5 weeks annual leave for pursuing your passions outside of work
- Enjoy the flexibility of hybrid work - up to 2 days work from home a week
- Be part of a company with purpose - we’re committed to sustainability for our planet, positively impacting our communities, supporting our farmers and suppliers and giving our customers a richer life for less.
- Support during life’s most important moments including paid parental leave, superannuation on parental leave, up to 5 days paid compassionate leave, natural disaster leave, emergency services leave etc
- An Employee Assistance Program that you and your immediate family can use which is 100% free and confidential
- Take advantage of complimentary access to free on-site physiotherapy to treat non-work related aches, pains or niggles
- Access to wellness programs such as discounted gym memberships, discounted health insurance and more
- Opportunities to contribute to companywide projects, move laterally into other roles in the business and embark on international assignments
- Working with a retailer who has been recognised as an Employer of Choice (as voted in 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019 and 2018)
Articles you might be interested in
Jobs you have shown an interest in