Safety Coordinator - Injury Management
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
ALDI. Good Different.
With roots dating back to 1913, ALDI is proud to make a real difference to people across the world by offering top quality products for low prices. ALDI first entered the Australian grocery market in 2001 and has since grown to have almost 600 stores and 8 distribution centres in 6 states.
If you’ve ever shopped at ALDI you know we are not your average supermarket. We’re also not your average employer. ALDI is a place where you’ll find good people, good purpose and a good opportunities. So you can work with a great team, feel great for making a real difference for everyday Australians and have a rewarding career.
It’s that simple. ALDI Good Different.
Grow your career with a global retailer as a Safety Coordinator (Injury Management) within our Work, Health, and Safety team at ALDI Australia, based in Stapylton. This is a full-time permanent position.
In this role, you will join a team that stands as the cornerstone of ALDI's commitment to safety. Our Workplace Safety and Health team does more than just abide by rules and regulations; we create them, prioritising the well-being of our employees above all else. Our responsibilities range from developing and implementing health and safety policies to identifying and mitigating potential risks, ensuring that our workers operate in a safe, healthy environment each and every day.
You will have the opportunity to not only protect our staff but also to create an atmosphere of care and mindfulness across the business. Your work will directly impact the lives of our employees, promoting a culture of safety that extends beyond the workplace.
What does the role look like?
- Assist in the management, prevention, and minimisation of work-related injuries, including the use of WHS IT systems
- Assess risks within the workplace which includes the auditing of current WHS policies and procedures
- Coordinate and providing guidance on all Work Health Safety and/or Injury Management activities
- Liaise, consult, and meet with the relevant stakeholders, e.g.: injured workers, treating practitioners, insurer, and regulator where applicable
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders through consultation, training, and development
- Actively manage his/her area of responsibility by using initiative, suggesting ways of improving systems for greater efficiency
- Provide implementation support for projects and managing ongoing business as usual (BAU)
- Ensure ALDI is compliant with all current legislative obligations and engaging in best practice injury management
What do we need from you?
- Demonstrated Workers Compensation and Premium expertise
- Knowledge of Injury Management practices and national legislation
- Experience with reporting and Injury Management Claims Systems
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong reporting and analytical capabilities
- Advanced Microsoft Office proficiency
- Previous experience with self-insurance is highly regarded
- Previous experience with Solv is highly regarded
What’s in it for you?
- Transparent tiered salary range of $99,800 - $119,900 including super
- Enjoy 5 weeks annual leave for pursuing your passions outside of work
- Enjoy the flexibility of hybrid work - up to 2 days work from home a week
- Be part of a company with purpose - we’re committed to sustainability for our planet, positively impacting our communities, supporting our farmers and suppliers and giving our customers a richer life for less.
- Support during life’s most important moments including paid parental leave, superannuation on parental leave, up to 5 days paid compassionate leave, natural disaster leave, emergency services leave etc
- An Employee Assistance Program that you and your immediate family can use which is 100% free and confidential
- Take advantage of complimentary access to free on-site physiotherapy to treat non-work related aches, pains or niggles
- Access to wellness programs such as discounted gym memberships, discounted health insurance and more
- Opportunities to contribute to companywide projects, move laterally into other roles in the business and embark on international assignments
- Working with a retailer who has been recognised as an Employer of Choice (as voted in 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019 and 2018)
Articles you might be interested in
Jobs you have shown an interest in