ALDI. Good Different.
With roots dating back to 1913, ALDI is proud to make a real difference to people across the world by offering top quality products for low prices. ALDI first entered the Australian grocery market in 2001 and has since grown to have almost 600 stores and 8 distribution centres in 6 states.
If you’ve ever shopped at ALDI you know we are not your average supermarket. We’re also not your average employer. ALDI is a place where you’ll find good people, good purpose and good opportunities. So you can work with a great team, feel great for making a real difference for everyday Australians and have a rewarding career.
It’s that simple. ALDI Good Different.
As ALDI continues to grow, we recognise the importance of a robust financial strategy, and we are now seeking a talented Tax Accountant to assist in Direct Tax matters for our organisation. This role is a permanent full-time position, based in Minchinbury.
As a Tax Accountant, you join a collaborative environment that ensures business objectives and corporate tax obligations are delivered on time and accurately. You will be motivated in becoming a technical tax expert, providing business support by offering high-quality tax advice and resolving tax related matters.
What does the role look like?
- Assist with ALDI’s Direct Tax compliance obligations including Tax Effect Accounting, Income Tax Return, Year-end statutory reporting, and Transfer Pricing compliance.
- Assist in maintaining and constantly improving ALDI’s high standard of tax governance and tax risk management, including regular policy reviews, control testing, and process & control optimisation.
- Liaise with external advisors on tax matters.
- Assist in preparing tax position papers, rulings and internal memos.
- Participate in projects within the Tax Team and across the wider business.
- Identify improvement opportunities and implement strategies, processes and controls to enhance business efficiency.
- Remain up to date with all relevant legislation and assist in communicating relevant changes to the Tax Team and the wider business.
- Adhere to guidelines, meet specified deadlines and effectively complete allocated tasks to mitigate risk and ensure compliance with all relevant taxation legislation, internal and external reporting obligations in a timely and efficient manner.
What do we need from you?
- Previous Corporate Tax experience (either in Professional Services Firm or large Corporate)
- Tertiary qualification in Commerce, Finance or Taxation
- A team player with an exceptional ability to engage with and support stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Solid communication skills, both oral and written
- Adaptability to thrive in a dynamic and innovative work environment
- Strong time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks within tight timeframes
What’s in it for you?
- Transparent tiered salary range of $90,000 - $100,000 including super
- Enjoy 5 weeks annual leave for pursuing your passions outside of work
- Enjoy the flexibility of hybrid work - up to 2 days work from home a week
- Be part of a company with purpose - we’re committed to sustainability for our planet, positively impacting our communities, supporting our farmers and suppliers and giving our customers a richer life for less
- Support during life’s most important moments including paid parental leave, superannuation on parental leave, up to 5 days paid compassionate leave, natural disaster leave, emergency services leave etc
- An Employee Assistance Program that you and your immediate family can use which is 100% free and confidential
- Take advantage of complimentary access to free on-site physiotherapy to treat non-work related aches, pains or niggles
- Access to wellness programs such as discounted gym memberships, discounted health insurance and more
- Opportunities to contribute to companywide projects, move laterally into other roles in the business and embark on international assignments
- Working with a retailer who has been recognised as an Employer of Choice (as voted in 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019 and 2018)
Articles you might be interested in
Jobs you have shown an interest in