Work Health and Safety Advisor
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
ALDI. Good Different.
With roots dating back to 1913, ALDI is proud to make a real difference to people across the world by offering top quality products for low prices. ALDI first entered the Australian grocery market in 2001 and has since grown to have almost 600 stores and 8 distribution centres in 6 states.
If you’ve ever shopped at ALDI you know we are not your average supermarket. We’re also not your average employer. ALDI is a place where you’ll find good people, good purpose and a good opportunities. So you can work with a great team, feel great for making a real difference for everyday Australians and have a rewarding career.
It’s that simple. ALDI Good Different.
At ALDI, we are committed to fostering a culture of safety and well-being for our people nationwide. As we continue to grow, we are seeking a Work Health and Safety Advisor that is excited about leading impactful national projects. This is a permanent full-time role, based in Minchinbury.
In this role, you will join a team that stands as the cornerstone of ALDI's commitment to safety. Our Workplace Safety and Health team have an integral part in shaping and implementing strategic projects which are rolled out across ALDI. Our responsibilities range from developing and implementing health and safety policies to identifying and mitigating potential risks, ensuring that our workers operate in a safe, healthy environment each and every day.
You will have the opportunity to not only protect our staff but also to create an atmosphere of care and mindfulness across the business. Your work will directly impact the lives of our people, promoting a culture of safety that extends beyond the workplace.
What does the role look like?
- Drive the development and execution of national safety strategies that align with ALDI's goals and regulatory requirements.
- Identify, assess safety risks, and propose ways to mitigate risk, within the workplace which includes applying current WHS policies, procedures and legislation.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders through consultation, training, facilitating workshops and development.
- Provide implementation support for projects and managing ongoing business as usual (BAU).
- Provide technical guidance and continuous support to senior management and the regional safety teams with respect to work health safety matters to prevent future occurrences.
- Ensure ALDI is compliant with all current legislative obligations and engaging in best practice.
What do we need from you?
- Previous demonstrated experience and in Workplace Health and Safety (WHS).
- Strong understanding of WHS legislative requirements, standards and best practice, and a demonstrated ability to stay informed about changes.
- Demonstrated experience in Health and Safety Risk Assessment and incident investigation.
- Proven project management skills, ensuring that safety initiatives are executed seamlessly, on time, and within scope.
- Team player with a solutions-focused approach and ability to collaborate and build rapport with internal and external stakeholders.
- Qualifications in Work Health Safety (minimum Cert IV).
- Ability to develop and implement effective safety programs.
What’s in it for you?
- Transparent tiered salary range of $110,000 - $132,000 including super
- Enjoy 5 weeks annual leave for pursuing your passions outside of work
- Enjoy the flexibility of hybrid work - up to 2 days work from home a week
- Be part of a company with purpose - we’re committed to sustainability for our planet, positively impacting our communities, supporting our farmers and suppliers and giving our customers a richer life for less.
- Support during life’s most important moments including paid parental leave, superannuation on parental leave, up to 5 days paid compassionate leave, natural disaster leave, emergency services leave etc
- An Employee Assistance Program that you and your immediate family can use which is 100% free and confidential
- Take advantage of complimentary access to free on-site physiotherapy to treat non-work related aches, pains or niggles
- Access to wellness programs such as discounted gym memberships, discounted health insurance and more
- Opportunities to contribute to companywide projects, move laterally into other roles in the business and embark on international assignments
- Working with a retailer who has been recognised as an Employer of Choice (as voted in 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019 and 2018)
Articles you might be interested in
Jobs you have shown an interest in